- What's next for King James, Lebron that is?
- Is Kim K America's newest social justice warrior? (18:27)
- Why did Trump cancel the Philadelphia Eagles' White House visit? (27:26)
- Update: Has hip-hop mogul J. Prince ended Drake/Pusha T beef? (46:01)
- What is the reason behind the recent increase of suicide in the country? (52:56)
- Did PushaT go too far with the latest Drake diss? (6:15)
- Does the genius of Kanye West still exist? (21:43)
- Could Kim Kardashian be the new face for prison reform? (43:48)
- Roseanne, racist or misunderstood? (53:40)
- Is Pastor Jesse Duplantis asking followers for a $54 million jet acceptable? (1:05:50)
Summertime and it's a whole lot of smoke in the air:
Round 1: Pusha T or Drake? (3:20)
Is the NFL's new national anthem policy a smart move? (20:00)
What impact will Milwaukee Bucks' Sterling Brown's brutal arrest have? (39:10)
Should sports gambling be legalized? (57:00)
Could Morgan Freeman be next up for #MeToo? (1:07:50)
Yanny or Laurel? (1:14:10)
- Can White Churches save Black Communities? (13:50)
- Was the Royal Wedding Black enough? (27:30)
- “This Is America" Genius or Nah? (38:02)
- Should there be a punishment for bogus 9-1-1 calls? (51:38)
- Are we ready to fly with Uber? (1:05:00)
COMMUNAL EXPRESSIONS PODCAST: Solidarity Economy: Cooperative, Community Development, and Social Justice
Richard Rice interviews Jessica Gordon-Nembhard, PhD and Ed Whitfield on Cooperatives, Community Development and Social Justice. Jessica is the author of "Collective Courage: A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and Practice" [and a member of the GEO collective]. Ed is a social critic, writer and co-Managing Director of the Fund for Democratic Communities.
The focal point of today’s episode is education. Carnell Howell of GPS Educational Services provides details on their partnerships with school systems across the nation including The Birmingham Public Schools. The closing interview is with Sonja Smith of The Birmingham Board of Education. Sonja represents District 8 and is passionate about her role and the education of our children!
Dr. Stephanie Smith of SportsFXN and the Sports Chiropractic Institute in Smyrna, Georgia joins us to talk about her collegiate and professional soccer career, and her current work as a chiropractic sports practitioner.
Motivational speaker, Jonathan "Bam" Rivers returns to the FreeLunch Podcast to talk about his upcoming book "Rivers Logic: Living Your Purpose Through Personal Development" and to share words of inspiration for the new year!